Shri. Prosenjit Chakraborty
Rising Star on the horizon of Indian classical music- Hindustani Vocal
Music became my life since I started to understand the sound. For me Music is the medium of connecting to God. Everything seems to have a Laya, even our heart beats in a specific rhythm. The sound of Sur is like my breathing, it is in my blood, within me, around me anywhere and everywhere I go, sound of Sur reaches there before I do.
For me Singing is not just about performance, it is also a medium to meditate and get into musical trance. It is source of my power. The same power helps me to share my skills with my friends, students and all music lovers. My door always remains open for true music lovers.
Though professionally being a Hindustani Vocalist, I do indulge in selling my art, but I am always in search of dedicated students to teach them.
Prosenjit's extraordinary dedication towards Hindustani Sangeet from a very tender age has brought him into the level he enjoys today, and still continue growing at a steady pace..
Initially he was trained under Sri Utpal Bhattacharyya ji one of the senior most disciples of Pt. A. Kanan of Kirana Gharana for seven years. Later he came under tutelage of Pt. Mohanlal Mishra, one of the foremost exponent of Banaras Gharana. He was lucky to learn "Thumri – Dadra” from late Vidushi. Purnima Chowdhuri one of the leading exponent of Banaras Gharana.
Got guidance and blessings from Legendary Vocalists Pt. Rajan Sajan Mishra. of Banaras Gharana.
GHARANA ( Traditional style of classical training )
Prosenjit was Initially trained under Kirana Gharana. But later become a dedicated disciple of Banaras Gharana.
His GAYAKI ( FIELD OF MUSIC )
· Hindustani Classical Vocal, Banaras Gayaki
· Semi Classical ( Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Chaiti, Hori, Kajri etc)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
He has numerous awards to his credit for vocal performances at Local, State and National level.
· Awarded and well-praised for his excellent performance at Bangalore ISKCON temple.
· Awarded by Sree Satyananda Mahapeeth for informative lecture about "Influence of classical vocal music and expression Marga Sangeet in our daily life” followed by his performance.
Conducted workshop for 20 days on Hindustani Classical Vocal Music at Bangalore ISKCON and received Special honor..
Performed at the program GOODMORNING AKASH FROM AKASH BANGLA -one of the leading T,V Channel
Performed at “OM BANGLA” satellite channel at the program “SURODDHONI”
Performance telecasted from “DOORDARSHAN KENDRA KOLKATA( DD7)” at the program “SOKAL SOKAL”
Gave interview for radiobanglanet.com( a web radio) talk on Gayaki Ang and different musical aspects of Banaras Gharana
PERFORMED IN SADARANG UCHHANGA SANGEET PARISHAD, CHITTAGONG. BANGLADESH.GIVEN SHORT LECTURE DEMONSTRATION ABOUT BANARAS GHARANA AND HONOURD
REPETOIRE OF PERFORMENCES
Performed at classical and semi classical music concerts in different parts of West Bengal, Assam Delhi, Mumbai, Mangalore, Udupi, Bihar. Patna
North India including Banaras and Lucknow ,jalandhar. Jaipur, Udaipur, Bhatinda (Punjab),Hyderabad and also abroad in BANGLADESH.
Few important mentionable performance are:
· Sreerampur Sangeet Samaj Music Festival ( West Bengal ).
· Performed in front of Lord Jagannath Dev at Puri ( Orissa).
· Performed in “Swar Ganga Music festival” Kolkata.
· Performed at the divine land of Nawadweep where Sri Chaitanya appeared ( West Bengal ).
· Performed at Bangalore ISKCON temple.
· Performed for “Anami Angana Music Circle” at Shishir Manch Kolkata.
· Performed for ‘Nrittakshetra’ at Rabindra Sadan for Ramaniyarama production.
· Performed at “Bundi Maharaj Music Festival” held at G.D. Birla Sabhagar. Kolkata.
· Performed for Bramha Dhayanam Sangeet Utsav held at Sodepur Lok Sanskriti Bhawan.
· Performed at Sree Satyananda Mahapeeth
· Performed at Naad Navrang sangeet sanmelan JALANDHAR.
· Performed at Maharana Kumbh Sangeet Parishad, Udaipur (RAJASTHAN)
· Performed at one of the holy places of Sri RAMDAS MAHARAJ JI ASHRAM.JAIPUR (RAJASTHAN)
· Performed at different places in Patna.
· Gave a lecture & demonstration regarding Banaras Gharana and Gayaki at Bhatinda, Punjab
· Regular performances at Yuvabani, All India Radio, Kolkata from 1993.
· Performed at Rangbag temple music and dance festival 2012 at Hyderabad.
· Performed at Ramakrishna Mission.. Midnapur .
· Performed at Sri Siksha Gurukul Noida(U.P.)
· Performed in the programme “LIVE IN PARK” at Madox Square, Kolkata, organized by Sri Bikram Ghosh
· PERFORMED IN SADARANG UCHHANGA SANGEET PARISHAD, CHITTAGONG. BANGLADESH.
· Performed at Malhar Festival (BUNDARIYA BARSE) at Hyderabad organized by SURGYAN (Website
· Performed twice at DARGA-E-YUSUFINE (one of the biggest darga of Asia) at Nampally, Hyderabad.
· Performed in Prestigious GHATESHWAR SAMAROH, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
· Performed at BELURMATH ON HOLY BIRTHDAY OF SWAMI VIVEKANNAND,2015.
· Performed for Govt. of Rajasthan , program at JAWAHAR KALA KENDRA,2015.
· Performed at BALAJI MANDIR,GUWAHATI.ASSAM.
· PERFORMED AT KARNATAK SANGH MUMBAI PT SHARAT CHANDRA AROLKAR SMRITI SANGEET MAHOTSAV
· Performed at Kalashree Sur Sangeet Prathistan (R), Udupi organized a day long "Pandit G Madhav Bhat Smruti Sangeet Samaaroh"
· Performed naad bramha sangeet sebashram ,khardhah.
Currently teaching more than 30 disciples -Hindustani Classical Vocal, Semi-classical and Bhajans.
I can be reached at
LIBRARY ROAD, BHADRESWAR
Email: email@example.com Phone-----0896116911308961169113