Indian Classical and Semi-classical vocalist, born in 1980, Moumita was fascinated towards the world of Hindustani Classical Music under the conscientious guidance of the late maestro Lt.Pt.A.Kannan under whom she learned for few years, since then, she has been learning from Sri Anjan Majumdar. She possesses an outstanding voice and has a distinguishing ‘gayaki’ of her own.
Moumita , a B-high graded artist of AIR, Kolkata, is a recipient of National Scholarship and Junior Research Fellowship in Music from the Deptt. of Culture, India Govt.. She is also an empanelled artist of ICCR and EZCC. Moumita is the First female vocalist to perform in Concert organized by Rauf Ansari Foundation and All Pakistan Music Conference in Lahore after 1960.
She has performed in various prestigious conferences like the Doverlane Music Conference (periodical programme),Kolkata, All Pakistan Music Conference, Lahore, Sampoorna, Karachi, concert at Bhavan's Cultural Centre and Dadar Matunga Cultural Centre and Swar Vilas Mumbai,India International Centre and India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, Hindustani Sangeet Kalakar Mandali, Bangalore, Thumri Utsav, New Delhi and many others.
Moumita has 3 music albums to her credit. Recently published album is from Bihaan Music "Live in Pakistan".
She was associated with Rabindra Bharati University as an external examiner of Vocal Music. Presently, she is working as a Guest Lecturer at Rabindra Bharati University.
Her music has been broadcast from:
1. AIR, Kolkata
2. AIR, Western Region
3. World Satellite Radio on the Radio Gandharva channel
4. Surtarang on UK-FM
5. Washington Bangla Radio-USA where she has also been featured.
TV Telecast :
1. Performed as a title music artist in ‘Dhondo’ (a Telefilm on Tara Music)
2. Background vocalist in ‘Porojibon’ (Telefilm on Tara Music) and ‘Shudhu Tomari Jonno’ (short telefilm on Etv Bangla).
3. Performed in various TV channels like Tara Muzik, Etv Bangla, Zee Bangla, Doordarshan Kolkata.
1. “Ei Prothom” from HMV (An album on Bengali Modern Songs)
2. “Journey of a Musical Soul” from Music 2000 (An album on pure Classical Music)
3. “Solely Musical… a musical soul” from P&M Records (An album on semi-classical music-Thumri & Dadra)
4. “Live in Pakistan” from Bihaan Music. (Recording of Lahore concert)
1. 1st Class Graduate in Computer Sc. (hons.) from Calcutta University.
2. 1st Class Post Graduate in Classical Vocal Music from Rabindra Bharati University.
Journals and Publications:
1. Articles published in bi-lingual journal “Samakalika Sangeetham”(journal published with financial assistance from Sangeet Natak Academi), April 2011 and April 2012 issues. Topics of articles published – “Ambiguity in concepts of music” and “History of Kairana Gharana”.
2. Article published in journal of All Pakistan Music Conference, issued on its Golden Jubilee in 2010. Topic of article published – “My learning experience”.
Other fields of expertise:
1. Apart from being a professional musician, she has worked as an external programmer on a project on medical expert system under the joint collaboration of IIT (KGP) and VECC (Kolkata) for a year.
2. Associated with Website Development and Maintenance projects.