Forums

Forum Home > Instrumental > Amazing journey- Indian music on western guitar

Nemanya Guitar

Hi All,

I first wanted to thank you all for having this forum going and being a part of it.

Indian Classical Music has been a major part of my life for some time now.

I wanted to share some insights I discovered on the journey of applying the ideas from both Carnatic and Hindustani styles on my beloved instrument - guitar.

I know many people have tried to do this and some have been successful in expanding their and our horizons and show us some new ways to approach our instruments. My main challenge with the approaches taken was that most of the time they demanded a modification of the instrument. I really love the guitar the way it is and i never wanted to change my instrument, however, I love Indian Classical Music as well and wanted to keep it authentic as possible when playing it on my instrument. Well, that's where the biggest challenge is.

I will share some videos with you all where you can see some of the discoveries I was priviledged to experience on this adventure. I'd really like to connect with all of you facing similar challenges and coming across awesome discoveries yourself. Please share some of your insights and let's make this an epic discussion.

Peace and wisdom to you all

Nemanya

October 6, 2015 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Abele

Looking forward to your videos!

--

javascript obfuscator free tool online, https://192168-ll.com/" target="_blank">192.168 ll wiki router

June 1, 2017 at 4:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.
DONATE and help us to 
promote Indian Classical Music

Follow Us On



Subscribe To Our Site

Subscribe To Our youtube Channel

Recent Videos

3431 views - 1 comment
2698 views - 0 comments
3516 views - 0 comments